Mobile App Instructions
To purchase a Single Ride or a Day Pass through the Blue Bikes mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the app for iPhone or Android
- Tap "Get a Pass"
- Select the pass or membership you want to purchase
- Once you've purchased your pass, go to the Blue Bikes station you'd like to use and tap on the station icon in the map
- Pick out your bike at the station
- Select "Unlock a bike" and a 5-digit ride code will appear on the screen
- Type the 5-digit ride code into any dock with an available bike within 30 seconds to unlock your bike
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to unlock it
- Enjoy your ride!
To end a ride, return your bike to any Blue Bikes station with an empty dock. Insert your bike firmly into the dock and wait for the green light to make sure it's locked.
To ride again while your pass or membership is active, request another ride code by tapping "Unlock a bike" again.