From Tuesday August 21st to Friday September 7th Bike Angels can earn up to 5 times the normal points on point-earning trips to and from the multiplier zone (shown in map above).
While Bluebikes are a fantastic way to explore the city, they are also the primary mode of transportation for many members' daily commute. After analyzing trip data we noticed that stations in the MIT/Kendall/East Cambridge area tend to need more bikes at the end of the day because of the large number of people who make trips to or from that area as part of their daily commute. The goal of Operation: Summer Special is to help bring bikes to this area when they are needed as well as create more docking space when needed.
Earning the multiplier
Bringing bikes to multiplier zone
- Start at a neutral station or one offering Pick Up points outside the multiplier zone noted in the map above.
- Dock at a neutral station or one offering Drop Off points inside the multiplier zone
Creating dock space in multiplier zone
- Start at a neutral station or one offering Pick Up points inside the multiplier zone noted in the map below.
- Dock at a neutral station or one offering Drop Off points outside the multiplier zone
The fine print
- Only stations within the boundary of the multiplier zone qualify.
- For example, drop-offs to Harvard St @ Greene-Rose Heritage Park St qualify, but drop-offs to University Park do not qualify.
- Multiplied points will automatically apply to your point totals
- Rentals that both start and end inside the multiplier zone do not qualify.
- Rentals that begin between August 21, 2018 6:30am EST to September 7, 2018 11:59pm EST and meet the criteria list above will qualify for the multiplier.
Not an Angel yet? Learn more about Bike Angels and how to sign up and start earning points today.